Logan Mansion has a lively tour planned to get you in the Halloween mood, sculptural trees of colorful metal take center stage at a distinctly rare event at Caddo Common Park, the Krewe of Highland brings Vegas to the center -City and downtown becomes the hub of fishing and cornholin ‘for fun and profit. Enjoy our eclectic, colorful and #CoolDowntown!
1. If you’ve never thought about the fun of bass fishing from your kayak, this may change at the end of the day. National Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament and Exhibition in Shreveport this weekend. In the wake of the Crappie Invitational, we see once again why our part of the country IS truly a sportsman’s (and women ‘s) paradise! Check out the kayaks and many cool fishing gear at the exhibit. When: October 14-16, Thursday. -Sat., Various hours. Where: Shreveport Convention Center, 400 Caddo St. Cost: The exhibit is free. Info: shreveportbossiersports.com
2. Highland is heading downtown to celebrate their Coronation of the Krewe of Highland XXVII, Vegas nights in the Highlands. The royalty shows up at 7pm, the rest of the night is filled with something the brotherhood does oh, so goodâ¦ party! Taste food and drink, dance to the beat of the DJ, win freebies at the silent auction and more. It’s a big kickoff to the carnival season! When: Sat, Oct 16, 6 p.m. to midnight. Where: The Lot, 400 Crockett St. Cost: $ 40. Info: FB / vegas nights in the highlands
3. The question arises as to how many ghosts inhabit the Logan Mansion? No one is sure, but chances are they will all converge during the Halloween tours at Logan Mansion, an event that is sure to give you chills. You will be celebrated with appetizers and a drink and have a few “trained” presentations along the way. When: Sat Oct 16, several visits. Where: Logan Mansion, 725 Austin Place. Cost: $ 10 / $ 25. Info: FB / Logan Mansion Halloween Tour
4. Perfect your cornhole skills, you will need them on Saturday at Madd at ‘Em Outlaws Regional Cornhole Tourney at the Red River Brewpub. Score points – the first to 21 wins bragging rights! The tournament is open to everyone and registration is free. When: Sat, Oct 16, 11 am-11pm. Where: Red River Brewpub, 1200 Marshall St. Cost: Free to play. Info: FB / brewery of the red river
5. You have heard of Oak, Poplar, Pineâ¦ but have you seen an ArtisTree grow? Get a close look at these magnificent sculptural trees created by artists at the October Uncommon Sunday at the common park of Caddo. Enjoy live music and poetry, yoga, a drum circle, an artists’ market, food trucks and more! Enjoy the good weather in the great outdoors! When: Sunday, October 17, from noon to 4:30 p.m. Where: Caddo Common Park, Texas Ave. and Crockett St. Cost: Free. Info: FB / Sunday unusual